Surplus Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SurplusDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) That which remains when use or need is satisfied, or when a limit is reached; excess; overplus.
- (n.) Specifically, an amount in the public treasury at any time greater than is required for the ordinary purposes of the government.
- (a.) Being or constituting a surplus; more than sufficient; as, surplus revenues; surplus population; surplus words.
• SurplusageDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A greater disbursement than the charge of the accountant amounts to.
- (n.) Surplus; excess; overplus; as, surplusage of grain or goods beyond what is wanted.
- (n.) Matter in pleading which is not necessary or relevant to the case, and which may be rejected.