Surrender Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• SurrenderDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The voluntary cancellation of the legal liability of the company by the insured and beneficiary for a consideration (called the surrender value).
- (v. t.) To yield to any influence, emotion, passion, or power; -- used reflexively; as, to surrender ones self to grief, to despair, to indolence, or to sleep.
- (v. t.) To give up possession of; to yield; to resign; as, to surrender a right, privilege, or advantage.
- (n.) The act of surrendering; the act of yielding, or resigning ones person, or the possession of something, into the power of another; as, the surrender of a castle to an enemy; the surrender of a right.
- (v. t.) To yield to the power of another; to give or deliver up possession of (anything) upon compulsion or demand; as, to surrender ones person to an enemy or to an officer; to surrender a fort or a ship.
- (n.) The delivery up of fugitives from justice by one government to another, as by a foreign state. See Extradition.
- (n.) The yielding of a particular estate to him who has an immediate estate in remainder or reversion.
- (v. t.) To yield; to render or deliver up; to give up; as, a principal surrendered by his bail, a fugitive from justice by a foreign state, or a particular estate by the tenant thereof to him in remainder or reversion.
- (v. i.) To give up ones self into the power of another; to yield; as, the enemy, seeing no way of escape, surrendered at the first summons.
- (n.) The giving up of a principal into lawful custody by his bail.
• SurrendereeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The person to whom a surrender is made.