Tartar Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TartarDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A reddish crust or sediment in wine casks, consisting essentially of crude cream of tartar, and used in marking pure cream of tartar, tartaric acid, potassium carbonate, black flux, etc., and, in dyeing, as a mordant for woolen goods; -- called also argol, wine stone, etc.
- (n.) A correction which often incrusts the teeth, consisting of salivary mucus, animal matter, and phosphate of lime.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to Tartary in Asia, or the Tartars.
- (n.) A person of a keen, irritable temper.
- (n.) See Tartarus.
- (n.) A native or inhabitant of Tartary in Asia; a member of any one of numerous tribes, chiefly Moslem, of Turkish origin, inhabiting the Russian Europe; -- written also, more correctly but less usually, Tatar.
• TartarianDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Alt. of Tartaric
- (n.) The name of some kinds of cherries, as the Black Tartarian, or the White Tartarian.
• TartareanDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Alt. of Tartareous