Tenor Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TenorDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The higher of the two kinds of voices usually belonging to adult males; hence, the part in the harmony adapted to this voice; the second of the four parts in the scale of sounds, reckoning from the base, and originally the air, to which the other parts were auxillary.
- (n.) Stamp; character; nature.
- (n.) A state of holding on in a continuous course; manner of continuity; constant mode; general tendency; course; career.
- (n.) That course of thought which holds on through a discourse; the general drift or course of thought; purport; intent; meaning; understanding.
- (n.) An exact copy of a writing, set forth in the words and figures of it. It differs from purport, which is only the substance or general import of the instrument.
- (n.) A person who sings the tenor, or the instrument that play it.
• TenorrhaphyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Suture of a tendon.