Thaw Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ThawDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) Fig.: To grow gentle or genial.
- (v. t.) To cause (frozen things, as earth, snow, ice) to melt, soften, or dissolve.
- (v. i.) To become so warm as to melt ice and snow; -- said in reference to the weather, and used impersonally.
- (v. i.) To melt, dissolve, or become fluid; to soften; -- said of that which is frozen; as, the ice thaws.
- (n.) The melting of ice, snow, or other congealed matter; the resolution of ice, or the like, into the state of a fluid; liquefaction by heat of anything congealed by frost; also, a warmth of weather sufficient to melt that which is congealed.
• ThawyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Liquefying by heat after having been frozen; thawing; melting.