Tissue Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TissueDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Fig.: Web; texture; complicated fabrication; connected series; as, a tissue of forgeries, or of falsehood.
- (n.) One of the elementary materials or fibres, having a uniform structure and a specialized function, of which ordinary animals and plants are composed; a texture; as, epithelial tissue; connective tissue.
- (n.) A woven fabric.
- (n.) A fine transparent silk stuff, used for veils, etc.; specifically, cloth interwoven with gold or silver threads, or embossed with figures.
- (v. t.) To form tissue of; to interweave.
• TissuedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Tissue
- (a.) Clothed in, or adorned with, tissue; also, variegated; as, tissued flowers.