Tossing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TossingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A process which consists in washing ores by violent agitation in water, in order to separate the lighter or earhy particles; -- called also tozing, and treloobing, in Cornwall.
- (n.) The act of throwing upward; a rising and falling suddenly; a rolling and tumbling.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Toss
- (n.) A process for refining tin by dropping it through the air while melted.
• TossDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To throw with the hand; especially, to throw with the palm of the hand upward, or to throw upward; as, to toss a ball.
- (v. t.) To agitate; to make restless.
- (v. t.) To cause to rise and fall; as, a ship tossed on the waves in a storm.
- (v. t.) Hence, to try; to harass.
- (v. t.) To lift or throw up with a sudden or violent motion; as, to toss the head.
- (v. i.) To roll and tumble; to be in violent commotion; to write; to fling.
- (n.) A throwing upward, or with a jerk; the act of tossing; as, the toss of a ball.
- (v. i.) To be tossed, as a fleet on the ocean.
- (v. t.) To keep in play; to tumble over; as, to spend four years in tossing the rules of grammar.
- (n.) A throwing up of the head; a particular manner of raising the head with a jerk.