Trailed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TrailedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Trail
• TrailDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To take advantage of the ignorance of; to impose upon.
- (n.) Anything drawn behind in long undulations; a train.
- (v. t.) To tread down, as grass, by walking through it; to lay flat.
- (v. t.) To hunt by the track; to track.
- (n.) The act of taking advantage of the ignorance of a person; an imposition.
- (n.) The entrails of a fowl, especially of game, as the woodcock, and the like; -- applied also, sometimes, to the entrails of sheep.
- (v. i.) To be drawn out in length; to follow after.
- (n.) A footpath or road track through a wilderness or wild region; as, an Indian trail over the plains.
- (v. i.) To grow to great length, especially when slender and creeping upon the ground, as a plant; to run or climb.
- (v. t.) To draw or drag, as along the ground.
- (n.) A track left by man or beast; a track followed by the hunter; a scent on the ground by the animal pursued; as, a deer trail.
- (n.) That part of the stock of a gun carriage which rests on the ground when the piece is unlimbered. See Illust. of Gun carriage, under Gun.
- (n.) Anything drawn out to a length; as, the trail of a meteor; a trail of smoke.
- (n.) A frame for trailing plants; a trellis.
- (n.) Anything drawn along, as a vehicle.
- (v. t.) To carry, as a firearm, with the breech near the ground and the upper part inclined forward, the piece being held by the right hand near the middle.