Trammeled Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TrammeledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Trammel
- (a.) Having blazes, or white marks, on the fore and hind foot of one side, as if marked by trammels; -- said of a horse.
• TrammelDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To confine; to hamper; to shackle.
- (n.) A beam compass. See under Beam.
- (v. t.) To entangle, as in a net; to catch.
- (n.) A net for confining a womans hair.
- (n.) An iron hook of various forms and sizes, used for handing kettles and other vessels over the fire.
- (n.) Fig.: Whatever impedes activity, progress, or freedom, as a net or shackle.
- (n.) A kind of net for catching birds, fishes, or other prey.
- (n.) An instrument for drawing ellipses, one part of which consists of a cross with two grooves at right angles to each other, the other being a beam carrying two pins (which slide in those grooves), and also the describing pencil.
- (n.) A kind of shackle used for regulating the motions of a horse and making him amble.