Tributed Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TributedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Tribute
• TributeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To pay as tribute.
- (n.) A certain proportion of the ore raised, or of its value, given to the miner as his recompense.
- (n.) A personal contribution, as of money, praise, service, etc., made in token of services rendered, or as that which is due or deserved; as, a tribute of affection.
- (n.) An annual or stated sum of money or other valuable thing, paid by one ruler or nation to another, either as an acknowledgment of submission, or as the price of peace and protection, or by virtue of some treaty; as, the Romans made their conquered countries pay tribute.