Tumult Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TumultDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Irregular or confused motion; agitation; high excitement; as, the tumult of the spirits or passions.
- (n.) The commotion or agitation of a multitude, usually accompanied with great noise, uproar, and confusion of voices; hurly-burly; noisy confusion.
- (v. i.) To make a tumult; to be in great commotion.
- (n.) Violent commotion or agitation, with confusion of sounds; as, the tumult of the elements.
• TumultuousDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Full of tumult; characterized by tumult; disorderly; turbulent.
- (a.) Conducted with disorder; noisy; confused; boisterous; disorderly; as, a tumultuous assembly or meeting.
- (a.) Turbulent; violent; as, a tumultuous speech.
- (a.) Agitated, as with conflicting passions; disturbed.