Tunic Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TunicDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) See Mantle, n., 3 (a).
- (n.) A natural covering; an integument; as, the tunic of a seed.
- (n.) A membrane, or layer of tissue, especially when enveloping an organ or part, as the eye.
- (n.) Same as Tunicle.
- (n.) An under-garment worn by the ancient Romans of both sexes. It was made with or without sleeves, reached to or below the knees, and was confined at the waist by a girdle.
- (n.) Any similar garment worm by ancient or Oriental peoples; also, a common name for various styles of loose-fitting under-garments and over-garments worn in modern times by Europeans and others.
• TunicateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One of the Tunicata.
- (a.) Alt. of Tunicated