Tunnel Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• TunnelDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n. .) The opening of a chimney for the passage of smoke; a flue; a funnel.
- (n. .) A level passage driven across the measures, or at right angles to veins which it is desired to reach; -- distinguished from the drift, or gangway, which is led along the vein when reached by the tunnel.
- (v. t.) To catch in a tunnel net.
- (n. .) A vessel with a broad mouth at one end, a pipe or tube at the other, for conveying liquor, fluids, etc., into casks, bottles, or other vessels; a funnel.
- (v. t.) To make an opening, or a passageway, through or under; as, to tunnel a mountain; to tunnel a river.
- (n. .) An artificial passage or archway for conducting canals or railroads under elevated ground, for the formation of roads under rivers or canals, and the construction of sewers, drains, and the like.
- (v. t.) To form into a tunnel, or funnel, or to form like a tunnel; as, to tunnel fibrous plants into nests.
• TunnelingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Tunnel