Vacation Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• VacationDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The act of vacating; a making void or of no force; as, the vacation of an office or a charter.
- (n.) Intermission of judicial proceedings; the space of time between the end of one term and the beginning of the next; nonterm; recess.
- (n.) The time when an office is vacant; esp. (Eccl.), the time when a see, or other spiritual dignity, is vacant.
- (n.) The intermission of the regular studies and exercises of an educational institution between terms; holidays; as, the spring vacation.
- (n.) Intermission of a stated employment, procedure, or office; a period of intermission; rest; leisure.