Venting Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• VentingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Vent
• VentDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The anal opening of certain invertebrates and fishes; also, the external cloacal opening of reptiles, birds, amphibians, and many fishes.
- (n.) A baiting place; an inn.
- (v. t.) To let out at a vent, or small aperture; to give passage or outlet to.
- (n.) Sectional area of the passage for gases divided by the length of the same passage in feet.
- (n.) Emission; escape; passage to notice or expression; publication; utterance.
- (v. t.) To furnish with a vent; to make a vent in; as, to vent. a mold.
- (v. t.) To scent, as a hound.
- (n.) A small aperture; a hole or passage for air or any fluid to escape; as, the vent of a cask; the vent of a mold; a volcanic vent.
- (v. t.) To suffer to escape from confinement; to let out; to utter; to pour forth; as, to vent passion or complaint.
- (n.) Fig.: Opportunity of escape or passage from confinement or privacy; outlet.
- (v. t.) To sell; to vend.
- (v. i.) To snuff; to breathe or puff out; to snort.
- (v. t.) To utter; to report; to publish.
- (n.) Sale; opportunity to sell; market.
- (n.) The opening at the breech of a firearm, through which fire is communicated to the powder of the charge; touchhole.