Venture Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• VentureDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To make a venture; to run a hazard or risk; to take the chances.
- (v. t.) To expose to hazard; to risk; to hazard; as, to venture ones person in a balloon.
- (v. t.) To confide in; to rely on; to trust.
- (n.) An undertaking of chance or danger; the risking of something upon an event which can not be foreseen with certainty; a hazard; a risk; a speculation.
- (n.) An event that is not, or can not be, foreseen; an accident; chance; hap; contingency; luck.
- (v. t.) To put or send on a venture or chance; as, to venture a horse to the West Indies.
- (n.) The thing put to hazard; a stake; a risk; especially, something sent to sea in trade.
- (v. i.) To hazard ones self; to have the courage or presumption to do, undertake, or say something; to dare.
• VenturerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who ventures, or puts to hazard; an adventurer.
- (n.) A strumpet; a prostitute.
• VenturedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Venture