White Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WhiteDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A person with a white skin; a member of the white, or Caucasian, races of men.
- (superl.) Characterized by freedom from that which disturbs, and the like; fortunate; happy; favorable.
- (superl.) Regarded with especial favor; favorite; darling.
- (superl.) Reflecting to the eye all the rays of the spectrum combined; not tinted with any of the proper colors or their mixtures; having the color of pure snow; snowy; -- the opposite of black or dark; as, white paper; a white skin.
- (superl.) Gray, as from age; having silvery hair; hoary.
- (v. t.) To make white; to whiten; to whitewash; to bleach.
- (n.) Any one of numerous species of butterflies belonging to Pieris, and allied genera in which the color is usually white. See Cabbage butterfly, under Cabbage.
- (n.) A white pigment; as, Venice white.
- (n.) Specifically, the central part of the butt in archery, which was formerly painted white; the center of a mark at which a missile is shot.
- (superl.) Having the color of purity; free from spot or blemish, or from guilt or pollution; innocent; pure.
- (superl.) Destitute of color, as in the cheeks, or of the tinge of blood color; pale; pallid; as, white with fear.
- (n.) The color of pure snow; one of the natural colors of bodies, yet not strictly a color, but a composition of all colors; the opposite of black; whiteness. See the Note under Color, n., 1.
- (n.) Something having the color of snow; something white, or nearly so; as, the white of the eye.
• White slaveDefinition & Meaning in English
- () A woman held in involuntary confinement for purposes of prostitution; loosely, any woman forced into unwilling prostitution.
• White-limedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Whitewashed or plastered with lime.