Wrecked Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• WreckedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Wreck
• WreckDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t. & n.) See 2d & 3d Wreak.
- (v. t.) To involve in a wreck; hence, to cause to suffer ruin; to balk of success, and bring disaster on.
- (v. i.) To work upon a wreck, as in saving property or lives, or in plundering.
- (v. t.) To bring wreck or ruin upon by any kind of violence; to destroy, as a railroad train.
- (v. t.) Goods, etc., which, after a shipwreck, are cast upon the land by the sea.
- (v. t.) Destruction or injury of anything, especially by violence; ruin; as, the wreck of a railroad train.
- (v. t.) To destroy, disable, or seriously damage, as a vessel, by driving it against the shore or on rocks, by causing it to become unseaworthy, to founder, or the like; to shipwreck.
- (v. t.) The destruction or injury of a vessel by being cast on shore, or on rocks, or by being disabled or sunk by the force of winds or waves; shipwreck.
- (v. t.) The remain of anything ruined or fatally injured.
- (v. i.) To suffer wreck or ruin.
- (v. t.) The ruins of a ship stranded; a ship dashed against rocks or land, and broken, or otherwise rendered useless, by violence and fracture; as, they burned the wreck.