• Tared Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Tare
- (a.) Weighed; determined; reduced to equal or standard weight; as, tared filter papers, used in weighing precipitates.
• Tar Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To smear with tar, or as with tar; as, to tar ropes; to tar cloth.
- (n.) A thick, black, viscous liquid obtained by the distillation of wood, coal, etc., and having a varied composition according to the temperature and material employed in obtaining it.
- (n.) A sailor; a seaman.
, Sea dog
• Tare Definition & Synonyms
- (imp.) Tore.
- () of Tear
- (n.) A name of several climbing or diffuse leguminous herbs of the genus Vicia; especially, the V. sativa, sometimes grown for fodder.
- (n.) A weed that grows among wheat and other grain; -- alleged by modern naturalists to be the Lolium temulentum, or darnel.
- (n.) Deficientcy in the weight or quantity of goods by reason of the weight of the cask, bag, or whatever contains the commodity, and is weighed with it; hence, the allowance or abatement of a certain weight or quantity which the seller makes to the buyer on account of the weight of such cask, bag, etc.
- (v. t.) To ascertain or mark the tare of (goods).