• Touting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Tout
• Tout Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) In the game of solo, a proposal to win all eight tricks.
- (n.) One who gives a tip on a race horses for an expected compensation, esp. in hopes of a share in any winnings; -- usually contemptuous.
- (v. i.) To look narrowly; spy.
- (v. t.) To spy out information about, as a racing stable or horse.
- (v. i.) To act as a tout; to tout, or give a tip on, a race horse.
- (n.) One who solicits custom, as a runner for a hotel, cab, gambling place.
- (v. i.) To spy out the movements of race horses at their trials, or to get by stealth or other improper means the secrets of the stable, for betting purposes.
- (n.) A spy for a smuggler, thief, or the like.
- (v. t.) To give a tip on (a race horse) to a better with the expectation of sharing in the latters winnings.
- (n.) One who secretly watches race horses which are in course of training, to get information about their capabilities, for use in betting.
- (v. i.) To toot a horn.
- (n.) The anus.
- (v. i.) To act as a tout. See 2d Tout.
- (v. i.) To ply or seek for customers.