• Unite Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To become one; to be cemented or consolidated; to combine, as by adhesion or mixture; to coalesce; to grow together.
- (v. t.) To put together so as to make one; to join, as two or more constituents, to form a whole; to combine; to connect; to join; to cause to adhere; as, to unite bricks by mortar; to unite iron bars by welding; to unite two armies.
- (v. i.) To join in an act; to concur; to act in concert; as, all parties united in signing the petition.
- (v. t.) United; joint; as, unite consent.
- (v. t.) Hence, to join by a legal or moral bond, as families by marriage, nations by treaty, men by opinions; to join in interest, affection, fellowship, or the like; to cause to agree; to harmonize; to associate; to attach.
• United Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Combined; joined; made one.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Unite
• Uniter Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who, or that which, unites.