• Vacancy Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A place or post unfilled; an unoccupied office; as, a vacancy in the senate, in a school, etc.
- (n.) That which is vacant.
- (n.) The quality or state of being vacant; emptiness; hence, freedom from employment; intermission; leisure; idleness; listlessness.
- (n.) An open or unoccupied space between bodies or things; an interruption of continuity; chasm; gap; as, a vacancy between buildings; a vacancy between sentences or thoughts.
- (n.) Empty space; vacuity; vacuum.
- (n.) Unemployed time; interval of leisure; time of intermission; vacation.