• Vaulting Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Act of one who vaults or leaps.
- (n.) The act of constructing vaults; a vaulted construction.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Vault
• Vault Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To exhibit feats of tumbling or leaping; to tumble.
- (n.) To leap; to bound; to jump; to spring.
- (v. i.) To leap over; esp., to leap over by aid of the hands or a pole; as, to vault a fence.
- (n.) An arched structure of masonry, forming a ceiling or canopy.
- (n.) A leap by aid of the hands, or of a pole, springboard, or the like.
- (n.) An arched apartment; especially, a subterranean room, use for storing articles, for a prison, for interment, or the like; a cell; a cellar.
- (v. t.) To form with a vault, or to cover with a vault; to give the shape of an arch to; to arch; as, vault a roof; to vault a passage to a court.
- (n.) The canopy of heaven; the sky.
- (n.) The bound or leap of a horse; a curvet.
- (n.) A leap or bound.