• Vermil Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) See Vermeil.
• Vermilion Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A bright red pigment consisting of mercuric sulphide, obtained either from the mineral cinnabar or artificially. It has a fine red color, and is much used in coloring sealing wax, in printing, etc.
- (n.) Hence, a red color like the pigment; a lively and brilliant red; as, cheeks of vermilion.
- (v. t.) To color with vermilion, or as if with vermilion; to dye red; to cover with a delicate red.
• Vermily Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Vermeil.