Bead Meaning in French
Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To form beadlike bubbles.
- (n.) A prayer.
- (n.) A bubble in spirits.
- (n.) Any small globular body
- (n.) A little perforated ball, to be strung on a thread, and worn for ornament; or used in a rosary for counting prayers, as by Roman Catholics and Mohammedans, whence the phrases to tell beads, to at ones beads, to bid beads, etc., meaning, to be at prayer.
- (n.) A small knob of metal on a firearm, used for taking aim (whence the expression to draw a bead, for, to take aim).
- (n.) A small molding of rounded surface, the section being usually an arc of a circle. It may be continuous, or broken into short embossments.
- (n.) A glassy drop of molten flux, as borax or microcosmic salt, used as a solvent and color test for several mineral earths and oxides, as of iron, manganese, etc., before the blowpipe; as, the borax bead; the iron bead, etc.
- (v. t.) To ornament with beads or beading.
- (n.) A drop of sweat or other liquid.
• Bead proof
- () Among distillers, a certain degree of strength in alcoholic liquor, as formerly ascertained by the floating or sinking of glass globules of different specific gravities thrown into it; now ascertained by more accurate meters.
- () A degree of strength in alcoholic liquor as shown by beads or small bubbles remaining on its surface, or at the side of the glass, when shaken.
French to English and English to French dictionary - Online english French dictionary more than 90000 english French words meanings. English French dictionary helps to find english translation of French words and urdu translation of english word. You can also search french to english by using urdu keyboard given at page. If you are unable to find your desired word's meaning then you can suggest us.