Teenager rescued two days after Istanbul building collapse [Tribune] 08 Feb, 2019

PHOTO: REUTERS ANKARA:A teenage boy was rescued from the rubble of an eight-storey Istanbul building on Friday, nearly 48 hours after it collapsed, but the death toll rose to 14 and another 11 people are still missing, Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu said.The residential building, in the Kartal district on the Asian side of the city, collapsed on Wednesday.Fourteen apartments were registered at the site but the top three floors of the building had been built illegally, the city’s governor said this week, and a textile workshop was operating without a licence at the entrance.At least two killed after building collapses in Turkey’s IstanbulMore bodies were pulled from the rubble on Friday, raising the death toll to 14, Soylu told a news conference, adding that 11 others were still being sought by emergency teams.A 16-year old boy was rescued from under the rubble early on Friday, two days after the collapse, footage from the site showed.Seven nearby buildings were evacuated for security reasons on Thursday, while prosecutors in Istanbul carried out an investigation into the cause of the incident.

More News

UN chief deplores humanitarian situation in Gaza

16 Feb, 2019 Radio Pakistan

The United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has deplored the humanitarian situation in Gaza.In his remarks to a meeting on the rights of the ... Detail

In America, high-speed train travel is off track

16 Feb, 2019 DailyTimes

California’s suspension this week of a high-speed rail project underscores the up-hill battle the modern mode of transport faces in the United S ... Detail

Beating by Indian troops radicalised attacker: parents

16 Feb, 2019 DailyTimes

A suicide bomber who killed 44 paramilitary policemen in Indian-held Kashmir joined a militant group after having been beaten by troops three years ag ... Detail

Top US general disagrees with Trump over Syria troop pullout

16 Feb, 2019 Radio Pakistan

The top US general in the Middle East has said he disagrees with President Donald Trump's decision to withdraw from Syria.Talking to CNN, Gen Joseph V ... Detail

US court allows ‘No-Fly List’ lawsuits, dissenters warn of danger

16 Feb, 2019 DailyTimes

A divided federal appeals court on Thursday said American Muslims who landed on the “No-Fly List” because of their refusal to become gover ... Detail

Post Your Comments
Type your Comments / Review in the space below.
Name:
Email:
City:
Verify Code