• Acuteness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality of being acute or pointed; sharpness; as, the acuteness of an angle.
- (n.) The faculty of nice discernment or perception; acumen; keenness; sharpness; sensitiveness; -- applied to the senses, or the understanding. By acuteness of feeling, we perceive small objects or slight impressions: by acuteness of intellect, we discern nice distinctions.
- (n.) Shrillness; high pitch; -- said of sounds.
- (n.) Violence of a disease, which brings it speedily to a crisis.