• Ado Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Doing; trouble; difficulty; troublesome business; fuss; bustle; as, to make a great ado about trifles.
- (n.) To do; in doing; as, there is nothing ado.
• Adonai Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A Hebrew name for God, usually translated in the Old Testament by the word "Lord".
• Adopt Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To take by choice into relationship, as, child, heir, friend, citizen, etc.; esp. to take voluntarily (a child of other parents) to be in the place of, or as, ones own child.
- (v. t.) To take or receive as ones own what is not so naturally; to select and take or approve; as, to adopt the view or policy of another; these resolutions were adopted.