• Allege Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To produce or urge as a reason, plea, or excuse; as, he refused to lend, alleging a resolution against lending.
- (v. t.) To bring forward with positiveness; to declare; to affirm; to assert; as, to allege a fact.
- (v. t.) To alleviate; to lighten, as a burden or a trouble.
- (v. t.) To cite or quote; as, to allege the authority of a judge.
• Allegeance Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Allegation.
• Alleger Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who affirms or declares.