• Animal Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Consisting of the flesh of animals; as, animal food.
- (a.) Of or relating to animals; as, animal functions.
- (a.) Pertaining to the merely sentient part of a creature, as distinguished from the intellectual, rational, or spiritual part; as, the animal passions or appetites.
- (n.) One of the lower animals; a brute or beast, as distinguished from man; as, men and animals.
- (n.) An organized living being endowed with sensation and the power of voluntary motion, and also characterized by taking its food into an internal cavity or stomach for digestion; by giving carbonic acid to the air and taking oxygen in the process of respiration; and by increasing in motive power or active aggressive force with progress to maturity.
• Animalcular Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Alt. of Animalculine