• Apprehend Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To anticipate; esp., to anticipate with anxiety, dread, or fear; to fear.
- (v. i.) To be apprehensive; to fear.
- (v. t.) Hence: To take or seize (a person) by legal process; to arrest; as, to apprehend a criminal.
- (v. t.) To know or learn with certainty.
- (v. i.) To think, believe, or be of opinion; to understand; to suppose.
- (v. t.) To take or seize; to take hold of.
- (v. t.) To take hold of with the understanding, that is, to conceive in the mind; to become cognizant of; to understand; to recognize; to consider.
• Apprehender Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who apprehends.
• Apprehending Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Apprehend