• Aristocracies Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Aristocracy
• Aristocracy Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A form a government, in which the supreme power is vested in the principal persons of a state, or in a privileged order; an oligarchy.
- (n.) A ruling body composed of the best citizens.
- (n.) Government by the best citizens.
- (n.) The nobles or chief persons in a state; a privileged class or patrician order; (in a popular use) those who are regarded as superior to the rest of the community, as in rank, fortune, or intellect.