• Articling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Article
• Article Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Subject; matter; concern; distinct.
- (n.) One of the segments of an articulated appendage.
- (v. i.) To agree by articles; to stipulate; to bargain; to covenant.
- (n.) A particular one of various things; as, an article of merchandise; salt is a necessary article.
- (n.) A distinct part.
- (n.) Precise point of time; moment.
- (n.) To formulate in articles; to set forth in distinct particulars.
- (n.) A distinct portion of an instrument, discourse, literary work, or any other writing, consisting of two or more particulars, or treating of various topics; as, an article in the Constitution. Hence: A clause in a contract, system of regulations, treaty, or the like; a term, condition, or stipulation in a contract; a concise statement; as, articles of agreement.
- (n.) A literary composition, forming an independent portion of a magazine, newspaper, or cyclopedia.
- (n.) One of the three words, a, an, the, used before nouns to limit or define their application. A (or an) is called the indefinite article, the the definite article.
- (n.) To accuse or charge by an exhibition of articles.
- (n.) To bind by articles of covenant or stipulation; as, to article an apprentice to a mechanic.