• Attorn Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To agree to become tenant to one to whom reversion has been granted.
- (v. t.) To turn, or transfer homage and service, from one lord to another. This is the act of feudatories, vassals, or tenants, upon the alienation of the estate.
• Attorney Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who is legally appointed by another to transact any business for him; an attorney in fact.
- (n.) A legal agent qualified to act for suitors and defendants in legal proceedings; an attorney at law.
- (n.) A substitute; a proxy; an agent.
- (v. t.) To perform by proxy; to employ as a proxy.
• Attorneyism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The practice or peculiar cleverness of attorneys.