• Awaked Definition & Synonyms
- () of Awake
- (p. p.) of Awake
• Awake Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To cease to sleep; to come out of a state of natural sleep; and, figuratively, out of a state resembling sleep, as inaction or death.
- (v. t.) To rouse from sleep; to wake; to awaken.
- (v. t.) To rouse from a state resembling sleep, as from death, stupidity., or inaction; to put into action; to give new life to; to stir up; as, to awake the dead; to awake the dormant faculties.
- (a.) Not sleeping or lethargic; roused from sleep; in a state of vigilance or action.