• Barn Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A child. [Obs.] See Bairn.
- (n.) A covered building used chiefly for storing grain, hay, and other productions of a farm. In the United States a part of the barn is often used for stables.
- (v. t.) To lay up in a barn.
• Barnacle Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An instrument for pinching a horses nose, and thus restraining him.
- (n.) Any cirriped crustacean adhering to rocks, floating timber, ships, etc., esp. (a) the sessile species (genus Balanus and allies), and (b) the stalked or goose barnacles (genus Lepas and allies). See Cirripedia, and Goose barnacle.
- (n.) A bernicle goose.
- (sing.) Spectacles; -- so called from their resemblance to the barnacles used by farriers.
• Barnstormer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An itinerant theatrical player who plays in barns when a theatre is lacking; hence, an inferior actor, or one who plays in the country away from the larger cities.