• Between Definition & Synonyms
- (prep.) With relation to two, as involved in an act or attribute of which another is the agent or subject; as, to judge between or to choose between courses; to distinguish between you and me; to mediate between nations.
- (prep.) In intermediate relation to, in respect to time, quantity, or degree; as, between nine and ten oclock.
- (prep.) Used in expressing motion from one body or place to another; from one to another of two.
- (prep.) In the space which separates; betwixt; as, New York is between Boston and Philadelphia.
- (prep.) Belonging to, or participated in by, two, and involving reciprocal action or affecting their mutual relation; as, opposition between science and religion.
- (n.) Intermediate time or space; interval.
- (prep.) Belonging in common to two; shared by both.