• Bevel Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cut to a bevel angle; to slope the edge or surface of.
- (a.) Having the slant of a bevel; slanting.
- (a.) Hence: Morally distorted; not upright.
- (v. i.) To deviate or incline from an angle of 90í, as a surface; to slant.
- (n.) Any angle other than a right angle; the angle which one surface makes with another when they are not at right angles; the slant or inclination of such surface; as, to give a bevel to the edge of a table or a stone slab; the bevel of a piece of timber.
- (n.) An instrument consisting of two rules or arms, jointed together at one end, and opening to any angle, for adjusting the surfaces of work to the same or a given inclination; -- called also a bevel square.
• Bevel gear Definition & Synonyms
- () A kind of gear in which the two wheels working together lie in different planes, and have their teeth cut at right angles to the surfaces of two cones whose apices coincide with the point where the axes of the wheels would meet.