• Blinking Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Blink
• Blink Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To see with the eyes half shut, or indistinctly and with frequent winking, as a person with weak eyes.
- (v. i.) To wink; to twinkle with, or as with, the eye.
- (v. i.) To shine, esp. with intermittent light; to twinkle; to flicker; to glimmer, as a lamp.
- (v. i.) Gleam; glimmer; sparkle.
- (v. i.) A glimpse or glance.
- (v. t.) To shut out of sight; to avoid, or purposely evade; to shirk; as, to blink the question.
- (pl.) Boughs cast where deer are to pass, to turn or check them.
- (v. t.) To trick; to deceive.
- (v. i.) To turn slightly sour, as beer, mild, etc.
- (v. i.) The dazzling whiteness about the horizon caused by the reflection of light from fields of ice at sea; ice blink.