• Blunted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Blunt
• Blunt Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Money.
- (a.) Hard to impress or penetrate.
- (a.) Abrupt in address; plain; unceremonious; wanting the forms of civility; rough in manners or speech.
- (a.) Having a thick edge or point, as an instrument; dull; not sharp.
- (a.) Dull in understanding; slow of discernment; stupid; -- opposed to acute.
- (n.) A short needle with a strong point. See Needle.
- (v. t.) To dull the edge or point of, by making it thicker; to make blunt.
- (v. t.) To repress or weaken, as any appetite, desire, or power of the mind; to impair the force, keenness, or susceptibility, of; as, to blunt the feelings.
- (n.) A fencers foil.