• Breaming Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Bream
• Bream Definition & Synonyms
Synonyms: Sea bream
- (n.) A European fresh-water cyprinoid fish of the genus Abramis, little valued as food. Several species are known.
- (n.) A marine sparoid fish of the genus Pagellus, and allied genera. See Sea Bream.
- (v. t.) To clean, as a ships bottom of adherent shells, seaweed, etc., by the application of fire and scraping.
- (n.) An American fresh-water fish, of various species of Pomotis and allied genera, which are also called sunfishes and pondfishes. See Pondfish.