• Breeze Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A light, gentle wind; a fresh, soft-blowing wind.
- (n.) Refuse left in the process of making coke or burning charcoal.
- (v. i.) To blow gently.
- (n.) Alt. of Breeze fly
- (n.) Refuse coal, coal ashes, and cinders, used in the burning of bricks.
- (n.) An excited or ruffed state of feeling; a flurry of excitement; a disturbance; a quarrel; as, the discovery produced a breeze.
• Breeze fly Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A fly of various species, of the family Tabanidae, noted for buzzing about animals, and tormenting them by sucking their blood; -- called also horsefly, and gadfly. They are among the largest of two-winged or dipterous insects. The name is also given to different species of botflies.