• broke Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To act as procurer in love matters; to pimp.
- () of Break
- (v. i.) To transact business for another.
- () imp. & p. p. of Break.
- (imp.) of Break
• Broken-winded Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having short breath or disordered respiration, as a horse.
• Broker Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A pimp or procurer.
- (v. t.) A dealer in money, notes, bills of exchange, etc.
- (v. t.) A dealer in secondhand goods.
- (v. t.) An agent employed to effect bargains and contracts, as a middleman or negotiator, between other persons, for a compensation commonly called brokerage. He takes no possession, as broker, of the subject matter of the negotiation. He generally contracts in the names of those who employ him, and not in his own.
- (v. t.) One who transacts business for another; an agent.