• Buckling Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Wavy; curling, as hair.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Buckle
• Buckle Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To yield; to give way; to cease opposing.
- (v. i.) To bend out of a true vertical plane, as a wall.
- (n.) A device, usually of metal, consisting of a frame with one more movable tongues or catches, used for fastening things together, as parts of dress or harness, by means of a strap passing through the frame and pierced by the tongue.
- (v. i.) To enter upon some labor or contest; to join in close fight; to struggle; to contend.
- (n.) To join in marriage.
- (n.) A curl of hair, esp. a kind of crisp curl formerly worn; also, the state of being curled.
- (n.) A distortion bulge, bend, or kink, as in a saw blade or a plate of sheet metal.
- (n.) To bend; to cause to kink, or to become distorted.
- (n.) To prepare for action; to apply with vigor and earnestness; -- generally used reflexively.
- (n.) A contorted expression, as of the face.
- (v. i.) To bend permanently; to become distorted; to bow; to curl; to kink.
- (n.) To fasten or confine with a buckle or buckles; as, to buckle a harness.