• Buffeted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Buffet
• Buffet Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) A small stool; a stool for a buffet or counter.
- (v. i.) To exercise or play at boxing; to strike; to smite; to strive; to contend.
- (n.) A counter for refreshments; a restaurant at a railroad station, or place of public gathering.
- (v. t.) To strike with the hand or fist; to box; to beat; to cuff; to slap.
- (v. t.) To affect as with blows; to strike repeatedly; to strive with or contend against; as, to buffet the billows.
- (v. i.) To make ones way by blows or struggling.
- (v. i.) A blow with the hand; a slap on the face; a cuff.
- (n.) A cupboard or set of shelves, either movable or fixed at one side of a room, for the display of plate, china, etc., a sideboard.
- (v. i.) A blow from any source, or that which affects like a blow, as the violence of winds or waves; a stroke; an adverse action; an affliction; a trial; adversity.
- (v. t.) To deaden the sound of (bells) by muffling the clapper.