• Bumped Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Bump
• Bump Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of the protuberances on the cranium which are associated with distinct faculties or affections of the mind; as, the bump of "veneration;" the bump of "acquisitiveness."
- (n.) A thump; a heavy blow.
- (v. t.) To strike, as with or against anything large or solid; to thump; as, to bump the head against a wall.
- (n.) The act of striking the stern of the boat in advance with the prow of the boat following.
- (v. i.) To come in violent contact with something; to thump.
- (v. i.) To make a loud, heavy, or hollow noise, as the bittern; to boom.
- (n.) The noise made by the bittern.
- (n.) A swelling or prominence, resulting from a bump or blow; a protuberance.