• Bureaus Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Bureau
• Bureau Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A chest of drawers for clothes, especially when made as an ornamental piece of furniture.
- (n.) The place where such a bureau is used; an office where business requiring writing is transacted.
- (n.) Originally, a desk or writing table with drawers for papers.
- (n.) Hence: A department of public business requiring a force of clerks; the body of officials in a department who labor under the direction of a chief.