• Busying Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Busy
• Busy Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Engaged in some business; hard at work (either habitually or only for the time being); occupied with serious affairs; not idle nor at leisure; as, a busy merchant.
- (a.) Careful; anxious.
- (a.) Crowded with business or activities; -- said of places and times; as, a busy street.
- (a.) Constantly at work; diligent; active.
- (a.) Officious; meddling; foolish active.
- (v. t.) To make or keep busy; to employ; to engage or keep engaged; to occupy; as, to busy ones self with books.