• Censor Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of two magistrates of Rome who took a register of the number and property of citizens, and who also exercised the office of inspector of morals and conduct.
- (n.) One who is empowered to examine manuscripts before they are committed to the press, and to forbid their publication if they contain anything obnoxious; -- an official in some European countries.
- (n.) A critic; a reviewer.
- (n.) One given to fault-finding; a censurer.
• Censorian Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Censorial.