• Chaired Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. pr.) of Chair
• Chair Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The presiding officer of an assembly; a chairman; as, to address the chair.
- (n.) An official seat, as of a chief magistrate or a judge, but esp. that of a professor; hence, the office itself.
- (v. t.) To place in a chair.
- (n.) An iron block used on railways to support the rails and secure them to the sleepers.
- (v. t.) To carry publicly in a chair in triumph.
- (n.) A vehicle for one person; either a sedan borne upon poles, or two-wheeled carriage, drawn by one horse; a gig.
- (n.) A movable single seat with a back.